Re: [LAU] OT: talent and craftsmanship [was: Re: OT: Dub Fx]

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 12 2010 - 20:38:31 EET

On Friday, February 12, 2010, Viktor Mastoridis wrote:
> Nice topic:-)
>
> to me, a talent is a gift, something (an ability?) )that a person has in
> one's genes.
>
> you can develop the talent through work and become a craftsman.
>
> You can become a craftsman without a talent
>
> Thus, craftsmanship is not a talent, a gift - it's something that we
> achieve with our will and through effort.
>
> you can't develop a talent if you don't possess it.
>
> They say: 5% talent, 95% work.
>
> Keep on posting:-)

I would like to know what is the ideal composition, for the people in this
list, in percentages of talent and craftsmanship. And here is another
interesting formula: how much of sound engineer and musician should be in
your blood stream?

Do you agree that most popular programs here on LAU are better suited for
sound engineers than for musicians?

Regards,
Pedro