Re: [LAU] 1980's cds: analog to digital conversion

From: Monty Montgomery <xiphmont@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 14 2010 - 19:57:23 EET

>> Examples, apart from Jamin's FFT EQ ? Where are yours ?
>
> I can't even tell any longer what you're saying or not.  I thought you
> just claimed JAMin wasn't linear, now you are?  If it's EQing via a
> fixed length convolution, it's linear phase.

Oh, Oops, I *did* misread that message. You did say JAMin was linear.
 So I have to apologize for that. Also the EQ in Sweep and the swh
LADSPA plugins are linear. Thatw as last I looked, and it's been a
few years. There's really not much reason to do non-linear EQ in
digital unless you have a specifc need.

My EQs: Audacity (though what's there now has morphed since and is
known to be buggy from a few one-off bugs), Postfish and Beaverphonic
(this is a specialty application).

I'm still not really interested in continuing this under a
confrontational tone, so I'm still dropping the subject. But I owed
you an apology w.r.t. JAMin.

Cheers,
Monty