Re: [LAU] Postfish & Beaverphonic

From: Monty Montgomery <xiphmont@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 16 2010 - 21:13:38 EET

> I coudn't find anything on beaverphonic and the SVN version I found of
> postfish seemed to not co-operate with my system very well. Why no
> jack support / how to enable jack support?

Beaverphonic is not relevant here (it's a sound board application for
a specific theater group).

Postfish was an app I simply decided I had no time to do justice. I
never got as far as JACKifying it (at the time, JACK didn't seem to
want to run on any of my systems for more than about thirty seconds
without crashing) and it needs an automation interface to make it
useful as a monolithic effects bank. JACKing it would be easy, but
between a few bugs in the 'analog' sections that I never got around to
fixing, the challenge of an automation interface, and taking on
another project that would require supporting a large userbase, I
decided it wasn't something I had time for. I just use it myself and
never released it.

A few of the Audacity old-timers still use it, but it's been
unmaintained for around six years.

Monty