Re: [LAU] wikipedia: jack may not meet notability

From: hollunder <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 17 2010 - 03:46:14 EET

Excerpts from Nick Dokos's message of 2010-02-17 02:13:41 +0100:
> Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 5:19 PM, james morris <james@email-addr-hidden-art.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JACK_Audio_Connection_Kit
> >
> > Just noticed that recently, myself.
> >
> > My guess is JACK probably *does* meet their notability standards, but
> > the article would need to contain references to outside web sites
> > mentioning JACK. Perhaps something like the open source award given
> > to Paul a few years back...
> >
> > http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5136755.html
> > --
> > joq
>
> I added a note (and the ref to the TechRepublic article) to the Wikipedia
> page. Thanks for pointing it out!
>
> Nick

The list of software that works with jack is really short and quite
random.

The mention of aRts seems to be a bit off to me, I see no real relation.

The text in general could be improved, especially the part about the
rename of jackdmp to jack2 doesn't look very English to me...

The stable release version there is the one of jack2. Afaik jack1 and
jack2 are quite different and jack2 doesn't really replace jack1.
Also jack2 is written in C++, so the note there is wrong.

I'm sure there's lots of stuff that could be added, the notability
thing really is a joke..