Re: [LAU] Linux audio droid?

From: Olivier Guilyardi <ml@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 19 2010 - 13:24:00 EET

On 02/18/2010 07:59 PM, Ken Restivo wrote:

> Thanks, there was an earlier post about the N900. He also mentioned that the apps would have to be not just recompiled with CPU-specific flags, but rewritten to use ASM calls to get the FPU to work. That's much more work than I have interest in at this time.

I think you need CodeSourcery GCC:
http://www.codesourcery.com/sgpp/lite/arm

More about compiling for the ARM Cortex A8 (N900's cpu):
http://pandorawiki.org/Floating_Point_Optimization

Also, the guy who ported Quake3 to Android enabled the FPU using a recent GCC:
http://osdir.com/ml/android-ndk/2010-01/msg00174.html

> However, the prices on these things are still in the insane territory (i.e. US$400), so I ain't going there for at least a few years until these become "obsolete" and can be had for US$100 or so on Craigslist. I consider myself lucky if I can make US$50 a night, so expensive hardware is way out of reach for me.

Then, for something that fits into you pocket, maybe that you could hack
something around a Beagleboard.. Should be lots of fun :)

--
  Olivier