Re: [LAU] UA-101

From: Colin Fletcher <colin.m.fletcher@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 21 2010 - 19:30:20 EET

Colin Fletcher wrote:
> Playback sounds OK to my ears (at least at 44.1kHz).

I've now tried 48kHz sample rate as well, and this also sounds right on
playback.

> Capture is very noisy: there's a white noise-like signal superimposed on
> the captured sound, and sounding like its amplitude is modulated by the
> captured signal.

I played back a 440Hz sine wave and recorded it back in. Results for
44.1kHz are here:

     http://www.starlingaudio.co.uk/misc/audiofiles.tar.bz2

The signal starts at silence, and fades up to 0dB over 10 seconds.

Looking at the waveforms, it appears that sections 4 or 5 samples long
are "shuffled" out of order in the captured signal.

I tried the same thing at 48kHz, and the noise on the captured signal
was similar, but more "metallic" sounding, presumably because 48kHz is a
multiple of the USB rate so the "shuffled" sections are of more constant
length.

I hope this is useful feedback.

Cheers,
Colin.