Re: [LAU] Quipping at people's equipment choices (was more than 4 channels for listening? Really?)

From: Bearcat M. Sandor <bearcat@email-addr-hidden-soul.net>
Date: Thu Feb 25 2010 - 23:04:37 EET

Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Thursday 25 February 2010 19:32:23 Florian Faber wrote:
>
>>> I have an audio system for which i'd like to set up 4 channels. I have 2
>>> Anthony Gallo Acoustic Reference 3.1s and would like to swap them out
>>> for 4 Stradas and 4 subs (with some extra money of course).
>>>
>> I found that using carbon spikes increases the spatial resolution by
>> several magnitudes. Ralley stripes also help.
>>

> Don't forget that mis-used metal cloth-hanger as connection between amp and
> speaker. Improves the sound by miles!

I know people love to bash people who enjoy audio play-back equipment as
though we all loved the stones that are advertised as making CD players
better or we all think that applying green marker to CDs make a
difference. Not all of us believe that sort of thing. On the other hand,
if you are bashing my choice of speaker because you really think that
all speakers sound the same, i'd love to hear someone back up that
claim. I'm not talking "better" (that's subjective). I don't recall
typing that spikes me a difference in sound (they are devices for
stability) or that cosmetics do either.

Why do people feel the need to snark at people's choice of speakers etc,
especially in a derailing manner to the discussion at hand? If you don't
happen to like my choice of speaker please don't bring up spikes or
something silly like that.

I brought up the subject of the speakers that i use, because it matters
to the subject at hand. The tweeters are unusual and have a different
dispersion pattern than most and that effects the way channel
balance/seated positioning works.

It's kinda like if someone were looking for help editing config files
for alsa on the command line and you think they're use of kde is silly.
At least respond to the questions i posed or put your responses in
another thread. If not, stifle it as it's irrelevant.

Please don't inspire me to throw a shakti stone at you. :"P

Thanks,

Bearcat M. Sandor