Re: [LAU] need advice for soundcard

From: Harry Van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 27 2010 - 22:20:51 EET

Hey Fred,

The goal is to have 2 in, 2 out, MIDI, and maybe digital coax plugs.
> Full duplex, integrated DSP, ASIO2, latency "zero", 24bits/96kHz ability
> have to be there.

Although you covered allmost all the details there's one or two more
important factors:
-FireWire or USB?
-Internal or External ok too...?

If FireWire and External are ok, an AudioFire 2 from Echo is exactly what
you describe above:
2 in, 2 out, MIDI, S/PDIF.

It doesnt have onboard DSP... but I dont know if you really mean an onboard
DSP chip with that..?
It is "full duplex", but expect that from any soundcard these days, and it
does 24bits@email-addr-hidden, 2ms
on an RT kernel recording on a modest laptop.

Due to it using FireWire, you need the FFADO backend for JACK. Check
ffado.org for details & support levels.
(The Echo is fully supported.)

Its worth checking out I think, Hope to have helped, -Harry