[LAU] Step-by-step instructions to have Linux recognize Audiofire 12 Firewire device?

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 01 2010 - 10:40:16 EET

My church band records services using one. Our sound tech records using
an IBM laptop running Windows XP, and way too often (today was most
recent example), he can't get the Windows driver to recognize the
Audiofire. So he falls back to recording via the laptop's built-in mic.
Blah!

The Linux audio distros I've looked at don't seem to include FFADO 2.0,
which supports the Audiofire. Anyone know of any that do? Or a way to
add them to an existing Live Linux distro?

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden