Re: [LAU] Replacing a M-Audio speaker part

From: Martin Leese <martin.leese@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 01 2010 - 19:38:32 EET

Gordon JC Pearce <gordonjcp@email-addr-hidden>

> On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 02:35 +0100, J?rn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>> if it doesn't, last resort is a vacuum cleaner, but that might eat the
>> entire tweeter if you're not careful.
>
> I suppose what you could do with the vacuum cleaner is open the wee
> slider on the tube that bleeds air in for vacuuming curtains (at least,
> that's what the handbook for mine says it's for).

I have always wondered what the wee slider
thing was for. Now I know. That was the most
useful post I have read in years.

Many years ago I used the nozzle on a vacuum
cleaner to repair a tweeter on a Monitor Audio
speaker. Although it worked, the final result
didn't look very pretty. I would therefore
suggest trying the cardboard tube first.

Regards,
Martin

--
Martin J Leese
E-mail: martin.leese  stanfordalumni.org