Re: [LAU] A crazy idea

From: Jonathan Gazeley <jonathan.gazeley@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 04 2010 - 12:31:28 EET

On 04/03/10 10:24, Julien Claassen wrote:
> The mighty exhaust pipe speakers sound even better. But while we're at
> it. There are those game controls for your chair, that can vibrate and
> probably siomluate some other shocking experiences. Why not integrate
> that in the settle?

Not sure that's necessary - the roads around Bristol are bumpy enough as
it is!

> Wait a second: How powerful do you need to be to drive all these
> gadgets with the dynamo?

I once calculated approximately that when I'm cycling hard up a gentle
hill, I can probably develop a peak power of around 300W. Maybe this is
more like 100-150W sustained power.

Assuming that most of that power goes into forward kinetic energy, I
don't know how much I could tap off to run my on-board synthesiser,
gaming chair, amp, speakers, headlights, and champagne cooler.

Maybe I should fit a generator?