Re: [LAU] Programatic Playlist Creation

From: Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabrbedd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 06 2010 - 15:14:35 EET

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:

> easier access around my house. I'd like to create playlist based on
> the tags inside those FLAC files, and also inside some OGG and MP3
> files. I could probably script this up myself. But, I'll bet
> there's already a lot of people who've done just this, or at least
> some Perl modules to help with it.

fapg[1] works great with mp3 files.

...but I don't know anything that works with all 3 formats.
Perhaps you could hack the code to add vorbiscomment support
for ogg and flac. However, genre's don't easily map beteen
id3 (canonical, enumerated list) and vorbiscomments (a
string, anything goes).

-gabriel

[1] http://royale.zerezo.com/fapg/