Re: [LAU] Step-by-step instructions to have Linux recognize Audiofire 12 Firewire device?

From: Harry Van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 08 2010 - 10:50:06 EET

Hey,

After the modprobe, there should be a device called "raw1394" in /dev?
As a normal user try "$ : /dev/raw1394", it should give you a permission
denied...?
Chmod 777 it (or 755 or whatever.. I 777 all my audio stuff... :-)

JACK should be allowed access it now, as "Driver" you'll need to select
"FireWire" yes.

As for the firewire card, I'd check that out first... Texas Instrument chips
are known to
work well, Ricoh chips can give problems for some reason.. (AFAIK, i dont
have one!)

Hope this gets you a little closer! -Harry

Thanks, we tried it today with PureDyne 9.10 "Carrot and Coriander".