Re: [LAU] Outboard gear users: What MIDI interface are you using?

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 13 2010 - 04:05:59 EET

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 8:32 PM, Emiliano Grilli
<emiliano.grilli@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Rob Wentz <wentzr@email-addr-hidden> writes:
>
>> With soooooo much stinkin attention and emphasis put towards softsynths these
>> days, I'm curious... what are all you *other* linux audio musicians who
>> actually still use outboard gear (more than relying on softsynths)  using as a
>> MIDI interface for your linux sequencers??

hammerfall DSP -> Ensoniq KMX-16 (a 15x16 MIDI patchbay - if you ever
see one of these on craigslist or ebay, grab it, its awesome if you
can pay < $150 for it). somehow, every port on the back is in use ...
not sure how i got there given that i really don't make music ...