Re: [LAU] OT: Which crappy mic should I use?

From: Brent Busby <brent@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 19 2010 - 23:36:12 EET

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010, Ken Restivo wrote:

> Thanks, yeah, I can do a quick compare tomorrow before we go to do the
> actual recording. I don't want to waste a lot of everyone's time
> geeking out on stuff (i.e. plugging stuff in, unplugging stuff, trying
> different options), I just need to jump in and do it. Also, I can't
> run both at the same time, they'd have to be two different takes.

There's something to be said for that too though, especially if you're
trying to compensate for bad mic sound -- two layered takes! With the
right EQ, it can be really impressive.

+ UNIX Systems Admin	 +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ Physical Sciences Div. +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ James Franck Institute +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky