Re: [LAU] "studder" (gate) ladspa effect?

From: Gordon JC Pearce <gordonjcp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 23 2010 - 09:55:00 EET

On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 09:54 -0500, Josh Lawrence wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a ladspa effect that will allow for rhythmic gating of
> incoming audio (what I call "studder" effect). I've been looking
> through the list of available plugins on my system, randomly trying
> out different things, which is not giving me any good results. if
> anyone has any recommendations, I would very much appreciate it.
>
> thanks!

Noise gate with a side-chain input. The "input" signal (say, a big fat
string pad) is fed through the noise gate as normal, and the "gating"
signal (say, the hihat channel) is fed through the side chain.

Instead of opening the gate when the input signal passes a certain
level, it opens when the gating signal passes the level.

Gordon MM0YEQ