Re: [LAU] Yoshimi locking up on loading Will Godfrey pads

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 26 2010 - 16:44:39 EET

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 01:31:24AM +1100, cal wrote:
> Dave Phillips wrote:
> > Ken Restivo wrote:
> >> Basically, Yoshimi just stops at the file open dialog box, doesn't seem to be using any CPU, but won't let go of the window manager either, freezing the screen. Yoshimi doesn't respond to kill signals either, but I can kill -9 it to get my screen back. I'm using ion3 so it'll only take out one section of a split screen, not my whole screen.
> >>
> >> The only error message that I get-- which I can see once kill -9'ing it-- is "X_TranslateCoords: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 0x800099".
> >>

> > Hi Ken,
> >
> > I Googled for the error and came up with quite a few references to the X
> > error. Unfortunately I couldn't find a fix specific to your problem.
> > Check out the various links on Google, perhaps something there will ring
> > a bell for you.
> >
> > Maybe something to do with single vs double buffering in the graphics
> > functions ?
>
> Thank you for that pointer. I've also noticed a quirk or two in 055.x, I'll
> see what I can find (and fix).

One of the links indicated to me what I suspected: that the BadWindow error is pretty much a no-op, and a normal thing with X GUI apps, or unrelated to the lockup.

I'll try just waiting 30-40 seconds and see if the patch loads.

BTW, it loads up instantly in Zyn, and I just laid down the strings track using Zyn without errors or issues, so problem solved from my perspective.

Yoshimi does look a lot nicer though, and seems a lot more CPU efficient.

-ken