[LAU] yoshimi 0.055.6

From: cal <cal@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 27 2010 - 12:55:19 EET

There's been a couple of issues raised on LAU over the last 24 hours or so,
plus the observed sluggishness of some instrument loads.

With 0.055.6, maybe I've resolved the gui lock up (works for me), and maybe
I've even resolved the loading of compressed instrument files (works for me).
For example, I can load all of the compressed 'chip' instruments (noted as
problematic in LAU thread <http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2010-March/068357.html>),
and also other compressed files.

On the slow instrument load thing, I'm wondering if the slow down derives from
the earlier sloth in addressing the compressed load problem, ie, simply
uncompressing all of the instruments. Unwinding that doesn't look attractive.
For now, it is what it is, 0.055.6.

<http://sourceforge.net/projects/yoshimi/files/>
<http://www.graggrag.com/?q=yoshimi>

cheers, Cal