Re: [LAU] Mashup made with Linux

From: Renato <rennabh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 28 2010 - 20:26:15 EEST

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 00:16:26 +1100
Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Here's a little something I whipped up this afternoon/evening with
> blender, jack, jackEQ and vlc.
>
> http://djcj.org/audio/kotau/mashups/BeastieBoys-vs-Zeitgeist.mp4
>
> It's a bit cheeky and no doubt sure to offend some people but I had
> an itch and this is the result of scratching it. Plus it was a fun
> way to go a bit deeper into Blenders capabilities.
>

> - I found this tutorial which was very helpful.
>
> http://www.straightedgelinux.com/videoBlender/
>

> - It's already on you-tube and I've just tweeted and facebooked it
> too.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63xUzqfeG9k
> http://twitter.com/djcjevents
> http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=105779566118173
>

> Oh Oh, Feeling some lyrics coming on...
>

> "Dropping joints like they be hot potatoes.
> I've got the ambisonic, polysession, future view mutimator.
> Some might call me a jack of all trades.
> Coming at cha with Linux, we gonna get paid."

Interesting. Personally, given the frenetic rhythm of Zeitgeist, i
would see more appropriate something quite a lot faster

Is there something like jack for video that permits you to reroute
video from vlc to blender, or did you have to export every single clip
from vlc and import it in blender?

renato