Re: [LAU] RTA/EQ for room analysis in Linux

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 30 2010 - 20:30:02 EEST

Hi,

On Tuesday 30 March 2010 10:42:27 Brent Busby wrote:
> I've seen a few Java programs out there, which, while not actually
> written for Jack/Alsa, would probably be usable. What's out there
> that's recommended/good for this though? Is there anything that will
> work directly with Jack (and use a RME/Hammerfall as an interface)?
> I have an analog 30-band stereo graphic equalizer already that I could
> use in conjunction with this, if that would help.

For simple analysis: japa (even comes with in-built white and pink noise
generators)

For more advanced stuff, record the response function in aliki and either
analyse the IR or feed that into drc with all the intermediate steps enabled
to put out lots of analysis... As a bonus you get an IR to convolute your
signal with to make it sound good.

Have fun,

Arnold