Re: [LAU] [ ... ] Chip voices download link

From: cal <cal@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 01 2010 - 16:05:37 EEST

Chip VanDan wrote:
> Thanks for all your feedback, I appreciate it! I've never used
> Yoshimi, I may go check it out now, and as far as the voices being
> supported in Yoshimi, I'm sorry but I've no idea how to get them to
> work in Yoshimi. If you have any idea please shout it out to the
> group. As far as inclusion in distributions, I'm an idiot when it
> comes to that stuff, so if you want to submit them for inclusion in
> any distribution just make sure my name stays intact on them and all
> will be good. I apologize for the slow response on these emails, I'm
> stationed in Iraq right now and my internet went down for several
> days, so I had to wait. (It happens quite frequently out here)
> Again, thanks for all your feedback.
>
> Christopher "Chip"/"Airlynx" VanDan

No apology necessary, speed is not an issue. I've included them in the
yoshimi 0.056 tarball, which also includes a potential fix for the problem
in reading compressed instrument files. I can load your files just fine,
so I hope that works for others too. By default, yoshi installs the
instrument banks in /usr/local/share/yoshimi/banks/, so yours should show
up as the 'chip' bank.

Cheers, and thank you for your work!

 Cal