Re: [LAU] Chordata 1.0

From: Igor Brkic <igor@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 02 2010 - 20:52:19 EEST

On 08.03.2010 21:55, David García Garzón wrote:
> The CLAM project is pleased to announce the first stable release of
Chordata.

When I want to choose another song while one is playing, it blocks and
(in most cases) crashes JACK (jackd version 0.116.2).

Also, I tried playing found chords on guitar and it seems to me that
displayed chords are one semitone lower than the sound that is playing,
but maybe just I didn't tune guitar right (can't find tuner right now :)).

Other than that, some changes are needed for compilation on Arch linux,
so a little tutorial follows:

I checked out whole CLAM svn (svn co http://clam-project.org/clam/trunk
clam). First compile clam with scons and scons install. This goes
without problems.

Next, compile NetworkEditor. If you just run scons you+ll get "undefined
interface" error. To solve that, in some files line:
     #include <QtDesigner/QDesignerCustomWidgetInterface>
needs to be replaced with:
     #include <QDesignerCustomWidgetInterface>

This has to be done for the following files:
     src/clamWidgetsPlugin/CLAMWidgets.hxx
     src/clamWidgetsPlugin/ChordRankingPlugin.hxx
     src/clamWidgetsPlugin/ControlSurfaceWidgetPlugin.hxx
     src/clamWidgetsPlugin/KeySpacePlugin.hxx
     src/clamWidgetsPlugin/LPModelViewPlugin.hxx
     src/clamWidgetsPlugin/MelCepstrumViewPlugin.hxx
     src/clamWidgetsPlugin/MelSpectrumViewPlugin.hxx
     src/clamWidgetsPlugin/OscilloscopePlugin.hxx
     src/clamWidgetsPlugin/PeakViewPlugin.hxx
     src/clamWidgetsPlugin/PixmapWidgetsPlugin.hxx
     src/clamWidgetsPlugin/PolarChromaPeaksPlugin.hxx
     src/clamWidgetsPlugin/ProgressControlWidgetPlugin.hxx
     src/clamWidgetsPlugin/QFirstPersonPlugin.hxx
     src/clamWidgetsPlugin/QSynthKnobPlugin.hxx
     src/clamWidgetsPlugin/SegmentationViewPlugin.hxx
     src/clamWidgetsPlugin/SpectrogramPlugin.hxx
     src/clamWidgetsPlugin/SpectrumViewPlugin.hxx
     src/clamWidgetsPlugin/TonnetzPlugin.hxx
     src/clamWidgetsPlugin/VumeterPlugin.hxx

This changes could be done with following command (it all has to be in
one line):
for i in `grep -R -l "<QtDesigner/QDesignerCustomWidgetInterface>"
*|grep hxx|grep -v .svn`; do sed -s
"s/<QtDesigner\/QDesignerCustomWidgetInterface>/<QDesignerCustomWidgetInterface>/"
$i > tmp_file; mv tmp_file $i; echo $i ;done

Bear in mind that this could be done much prettier and easier, but I'm
not an expert :) - run this command from NetworkEditor directory and it
should do it.

After that, NetworkEditor should compile without problems (scons && sudo
scons install).

Before building Chordata, you need to run ldconfig as a root.

In SConstruct file in chordata directory, you need to add two paths:
where chordata will be installed and where is CLAM installed. CLAM is,
by default, installed in /usr/local, so you can also put that for prefix
(third parameter in lines 7 and 8).

Cheers!
Igor