Re: [LAU] diagrams of audio setup

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 03 2010 - 12:09:04 EEST

On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 10:42:46 +0200
Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to document my non-trivial live-setup, and would like to traw
> some flow charts of audio and midi routing. I tried dia, but it seems to
> insist that one "box" can only have one "input" and one "output" (I'm
> using the symbols from "flowchart".
>
> Is there a way to do this in dia, or is there something better/different
> that I should look at?
>
> I imagine something like this:
>
> ______
> | |
> | FA66 |---- _________
> | |----------| JackRack|
> | | |_________|
> | | ____|_|______
> |______| |SooperLooper |
> |_____________|

If it's a relatively small drawing I'd use Inkscape rather than a
dedicated CAD package. I use it for lots of medium complexity circuit
drawings.

Once you've designed the objects, copy/repeat is a doddle and you can
just 'wire' them as you like in whatever grid size you want.

For example:

http://www.folderol.ukfsn.org/drawings/chime_control.svg

SVG file so poor IE users won't be able to see it {snigger}

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk