Re: [LAU] vorbis support in lame is deprecated

From: Philipp <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 08 2010 - 02:53:16 EEST

Excerpts from david's message of 2010-04-07 21:53:15 +0200:
> Lorenzo wrote:
>
> > By the way, there are relatively cheap portable players which support
> > OGG and FLAC
>
> Really? Never seen one anywhere. My little portable CD player only does
> MP3 and WMA.
>
> Of course, I use my laptop as my music player, no problem supporting a
> whole pile of media formats including OGG and FLAC.

A friend of mine has a really tiny sandisk one which plays vorbis at
least. I think it's not that uncommon anymore.
Vorbis and flac at least are rather often supported but it's not often
something marketing uses prominently.

With other formats, like wavpack, you'll have less luck.