Re: [LAU] vorbis support in lame is deprecated

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 08 2010 - 11:04:35 EEST

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 3:53 PM, david <gnome@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> Lorenzo wrote:
>>
>>> By the way, there are relatively cheap portable players which support
>>> OGG and FLAC
>> Really? Never seen one anywhere. My little portable CD player only does
>> MP3 and WMA.
>>
>> Of course, I use my laptop as my music player, no problem supporting a
>> whole pile of media formats including OGG and FLAC.
>
> most samsung portable music devices play at least Ogg and I think FLAC too.

Samsung T10 only plays MP3, WMA and "Subscription WMA (Janus)" -
whatever that is.

I have an iPod Nano (4th generation model, the one that can play videos)
here, and almost never use it. GTKPod is able to automatically convert
non-iPod compatible formats to MP3 when you use it to load songs into
the iPod.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden