Re: [LAU] vorbis support in lame is deprecated

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 08 2010 - 21:04:30 EEST

On Thursday 08 April 2010 09:45:38 david wrote:
> Arnold Krille wrote:
> >>
> >> Really? Never seen one anywhere. My little portable CD player only does
> >> MP3 and WMA.
> >
> > My little iriver T50 does mp3, ogg and probably some others. But these
> > are the ones I care about.
> My goodness, that player looks so clumsy and clunky!

True, it looks like a radio-alarm for your bedside. But its actually only
7.5x3x3 cm big. And is powered by standard AA batteries, no proprietary
battery that cost a fortune to replace

> Does MP3, WMA, ASF, OGG according to one site I found.

And runs 52h on one battery instead of the 19h found with _many_ other players
when I bought it three years back. And the real-world runtime is very near
that advertised number.

Have fun,

Arnold