Re: [LAU] digital voodoo: master fader should be set at 0db

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 12 2010 - 21:09:24 EEST

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 08:50:55PM +0200, Atte André Jensen wrote:

> I'm thinking harder and harder about my mixes and have been reading this
> (written for renoise, but should apply to every DAW, so any ardour
> users/devs, please speak up!):
>
> http://www.renoise.com/indepth/tutorials/avoid-clipping-in-your-final-mix/

Most of that site is pure nonsense.

While reading some random pages I had an hallucination
about an 'In Depth' DIY-surgery site:

"If after opening the breast, removing some ribs and
pushing aside the lungs (be careful not to make any
holes in them) you notice an organ that seems to be
pulsating all the time, leave it alone for now.
It's the heart, you can read more about it in <this
post>."

It's really all at that sort of level. If that is
called 'in depth' I wonder how deep you need to
dig to find anything interesting.

Ciao,

--
FA