Re: [LAU] digital voodoo: master fader should be set at 0db

From: nescivi <nescivi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 17 2010 - 06:17:23 EEST

On Friday 16 April 2010 14:23:28 Kim Cascone wrote:
> Bregman's scene analysis is biased to western culture - I wonder if the
> results from these same tests could be replicated with a remote tribal
> population in South America?

A music ethnographer (as he mentioned in a talk I attended some 10 years
ago..) who was studying tuning systems/methods of non-western cultures ran
into the problem that the musician of an African tribe did not want to show
him again how to tune one of their xylophones... after all, he had done that
the year before and was the ethnographer maybe forgetful?

And that brings us to the fact that the practices of Western science are based
on Western philosophy :)

sincerely,
Marije