Re: [LAU] Cannot play fuildsynth sounds from Alesis Control Pad

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 20 2010 - 03:08:16 EEST

Le Lundi, 19 Avril 2010 18:45:34 +0200,
Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Monday, April 19, 2010, you wrote:
>>
>> The pads from a M-Audio Axiom 25 keyboard works fine with Qsynth.

> > Why is this so ? Why does the Control Pad plays so so well with
> > Hydrogen but barely can emit a sound when connected to Qsynth/using
> > fluidsynth ? It'd be real nice to be able to use drumsticks in
> > playing some soundfonts !

> Looks like this is the same, similar, or related to this ticket:
> http://fluidsynth.resonance.org/trac/ticket/55

It really does.

> There have been some changes in FluidSynth 1.1.1 for this issue, but
> the reporter did not answer the request to verify the changes, so
> maybe the problem is still there. Which FluidSynth version are you
> using?

# fluidsynth --version
FluidSynth version 1.1.1

I would like to try the setting in the bug report, but oddly
enough I haven't found where the config file, for neither fluidsynth or
qsynth. Usually on Linux/UNIX systems it's either /etc or the home
directory in a . directory or file. Can I simply create one in /etc ?
What would be the format ?

I'm willing to try any new version or patches. I've compiled
fluidsynth for this system, so I can apply patches if needed. I would
like to get into the code but I simply do not have the time.

Thanks.