Re: [LAU] Best-quality command-line float32-to-16-bit conversion?

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Fri Apr 23 2010 - 23:31:38 EEST

Hi Ken!
   I have Ecasound, sndfile-convert and sox. But from these three I deem
sndfile-convert to be the best. but I seem to remember, that Fons Adriaensen
recently released a tool/library to do the same task. I believe it is as good
as or better than sndfile-convert. I seem to recall, that there were issues
with finetuning dithering, that sndfile didn't offer. As I said, I'm not 100%
syure about that.
   If in doubt and not wanting to get to any more troubles installing
something: use sndfile-convert. It has always served me nicely!
   Kindly yours
             Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net