Re: [LAU] CDRDAO speed, CRC errors, blah

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 24 2010 - 01:27:18 EEST

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 02:14:09PM -0700, Ken Restivo wrote:

> Hey, cdrdao, are you even listening to me!??
>
> So, two questions:
> 1) Is there any reason to burn an audio CD at a speed < maximum, or is this the dreaded digital voodoo?
> 2) Why is cdrdao refusing to do what I tell it to do?

AFAIK there's no voodoo about this (yet). It probably depends on
your system if it can support the highest speed of your drive
(scheduling latencies, disk read speed, etc.).

OTOH, speed 8 is already quite slow, and it may well be the
lowest one supported by your drive (just guessing this).

If results at that speed are not as expected, you may have
to select a different driver, see man cdrdao. In my limited
experience and IIRC the generic-mmc didn't work for me, and
I had to use generic-mmc-raw. YMMV.

Ciao,

--
FA