Re: [LAU] [ANN] Jackbeat 0.7.5

From: Olivier Guilyardi <ml@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 02 2010 - 22:38:41 EEST

Hi Hartmut

On 05/02/2010 03:24 PM, Hartmut Noack wrote:
> Sorry for the delay -was kinda busy etc ;-)
>
> Am 30.04.2010 17:08, schrieb Olivier Guilyardi:
>> Hey Hartmut,
>
>> On 04/29/2010 06:31 PM, Hartmut Noack wrote:
>>> Am 27.04.2010 19:17, schrieb Olivier Guilyardi:
>
>>> (jackbeat:6982): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set property
>>> GtkToolbar.icon-size to GTK_ICON_SIZE_SMALL_TOOLBAR: Could not parse
>>> integer `GTK_ICON_SIZE_SMALL_TOOLBAR'
>>>
>>> what can I do?
>> This is only a warning. Does Jackbeat run ok?
>
> No, it does not.
> It looks like a problem with jack - if I start it with -n it opens the
> GUI at least.

That is bad. Jackbeat should start anyway. Command line switches are sometimes a
blessing I see :)

> So well ... hmmm if I set the jack-driver *after* opening the GUI with
> the null-driver, it works. It switches from null to jack without a
> glitch and is running right now without any issues.
> Maybe some problem with the initial rc-file?

It could be but I don't think so..

> OK - and now it starts OK with jack after closing it also.

I sense a bug a in Jackbeat.

Could you please choose "Automatic" for the audio output, then close Jackbeat,
restart it and attach the console output here. Or even better, post a ticket at
http://jackbeat.samalyse.org/newticket. As you prefer..

> nice new GUI and still the old quality: after about 3-4 min I have
> something sounding cool running with it ;-)

That's what Jackbeat is meant for: spontaneity :)

--
  Olivier