[LAU] getting volume just right across soundfonts

From: Luke Peterson <luke.peterson@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 04 2010 - 17:05:56 EEST

Howdy folks,

I am in need of wisdom: I have a dozen or so soundfonts I play in a live
performance situation, each with their own average, max, and min dbs. I need
to normalize each of these soundfonts to an average gain and similar range,
so that I don't get hit in the head by a beer at my next show.

Any tools out there that'll let me do this? I am playing through
qsynth/fluidsynth and have a master gain but nothing (afaics) that allows me
to give a preset gain with each patch -- so I need to (i think) unpack and
re-build each soundfont with a goal volume range in mind, then use the
master gain in qsynth to bring me up to a normal volume with bristol (which
I also use, and is independently adjustable).

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Luke

-----