Re: [LAU] LAC2010, some thoughts

From: rosea.grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 07 2010 - 11:10:13 EEST

On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 23:27 +0100, Chris Cannam wrote:
> 2010/5/6 Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@folkwang-hochschule.de>:
> > a not-totally-serious remark about the fact that many presenters were using
> > mac os x to run their presentations
>
> And they were allowed in?!
>
> Tsk. Standards are slipping. These things should be checked at the door.

Yeah we should force people and keep them away from us! :)

Giving a presentation on your Thinkpad with Openoffice is not hard. It's
braver to give a presentation on Windows about using opensource in an
educational setting.

Actually that guy has very few experience with Linux, he asked me if I
could help him with it, which I gladly did.

He also encountered problems on his work with the system admins there.
He is thinking about using only Linux and so giving up his right to get
support from the admins there...

Don't judge to soon.

\r