Re: [LAU] ANN: Jacker 2010.5.4

From: Philipp <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 08 2010 - 00:10:52 EEST

Excerpts from Jostein Chr. Andersen's message of 2010-05-07 22:16:40 +0200:
> On Tuesday 04 May 2010 13.59.00 Leonard Ritter wrote:
> > I have packaged a source release. There is no installation mechanism,
> > but the application can be built and run from the source folder.
> > Compatibility and installation patches are welcome.
>
> It builds without problems on my system, but it's not functional at the
> moment:

I take the liberty of trying to help you with that, as far as I can :)

> -No Jack input port shows up, only a bunch of outputs

Yep, seems like you can't record into it. Yet. Until someone requests
the feature and someone implements it :)

> -The Pattern mode only shows a big gray area without contents

Yep, it does that initially. There's no pattern to show at first.
Try this:
In sequencer view double-click on a track, and you get a small rectangle
that represents a pattern. Double-click on that rectangle and you get to
see the pattern in detail (pattern view). Voila!

> -Can only run from the folder where it's build. Not even a ./jacker
> from "/usr/bin" when pwd is "/usr/bin" works.

This is how I did it:
  scons
  install -D jacker /usr/share/jacker/jacker
  install -D jacker.png /usr/share/jacker/jacker.png
  install -D jacker.glade /usr/share/jacker/jacker.glade
  install -D jacker.sh /usr/bin/jacker

jacker.sh is simply this:
  #!/bin/bash
  cd /usr/share/jacker
  ./jacker

> The system is Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit.

For Arch Linux users, this PKGBUILD does the trick:

> One more word and that's about your music (or you): Damn, you are good, really
> excellent!
>
> Jostein

I think so too :)
/me is jealous