Re: [LAU] Good LADSPA distortion like effect

From: Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 11 2010 - 13:17:56 EEST

Am 11.05.2010 03:51, schrieb Ken Restivo:
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:00:40AM +0200, Hartmut Noack wrote:
>>
>> Am 09.05.2010 22:50, schrieb Julien Claassen:
>>> Hello all!
>>> I'm looking for a good type of distortion/overdirve. Something that
>>> goes well with a guitar and makes the strings sustain nicely and adds
>>> some colour.
>>
>> Get guitarix:
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/guitarix/files/guitarix/guitarix-0.07.1.tar.bz2/download
>>
>> it works perfectly well as a stand-alone and as a LADSPA plug in in
>> ardour and others.
>>
>> It is a intergrated amp with a certain character, if you like something
>> more flexible try the amp-modules from Tim Goetze and David Yeh that can
>> be found in the C*-collection:
>>
>> http://quitte.de/dsp/caps.html
>>
>> with the former I work now on a track with quite metal-oriented guitars.
>> The latter I used for tracks like this one:
>>
>> http://lapoc.de/demos/lapoc-sos-ashita-141008.ogg
>
> Wow, that's a really good indie/alternative peice. The guitar sounds in particular are great.

Thanks for the flowers :-)

> Did you use the CAPS to get them all? Nice stuff.

There is a 2-seconds leadguitar motive in the first part (sounds a bit
like a fat lead played backwards) that we have recorded from a clone of
a line6-pod modeling amp. All other guitars are played using the
caps-plugins, a IbanezRG, a Cheri-Telecaster and a heavily modified
LP-Model by the name of Jolana Diamant built in chechia in the early
80ies... The latter is tuned 5 halftones lower and has extra-thick
strings. We used it for the bass also playing the line as dry as
possible and pitching it with Steve Harris` pitch scaler.