[LAU] guitarix-0.08.0 release 'Rockers'

From: hermann <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Fri May 14 2010 - 17:44:12 EEST

guitarix is a simple Linux Rock Guitar amplifier and is designed
to achieve nice thrash/metal/rock/blues guitar sounds.
guitarix uses the Jack Audio Connection Kit as its audio backend
and brings in one input and two output ports to the jack audio graph.

guitarix provide a jack midi input port to connect a midi controller
(midi learn) and a (3 channel) jack midi output port, feed by a
(scalable) mix of the tuner and a beat-detector.

Release 0.08.0 comes with a bunch of major changes :

  * new portmap window
  * new BiQuad Filter
  * new Moog Filter
  * new Flanger
  * new post processing tube3
  * new two 10 band parametric EQ's
  * new oversample mode selector(1x -8x)
  * fix some bugs in midi out
  * reworked tuner interface (show frequency(hz))
  * new configure options (see ./waf --help for more info)

have fun

guitarix is licensed under the GPL.

Project page with screenshots:
         http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/

download:
         http://sourceforge.net/projects/guitarix/

please report bugs and suggestions in our forum here:
         http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/guitarix/

For capture, guitarix uses the great 'jack_capture'
(version >= 0.9.30) written by Kjetil S. Matheussen.
If you don't have it installed,
you can look here:

         http://old.notam02.no/arkiv/src/?M=D

For extra Impulse Responses, guitarix uses the
zita-convolver library, and,
for up/down sampling we use zita-resampler,
both written by Fons Adriaensen.
If you don't have it installed, get it here:

         http://www.kokkinizita.net/linuxaudio/index.html

We use the marvellous faust compiler to build the amp and effects and will say
thanks to

         : Julius Smith
         http://ccrma.stanford.edu/realsimple/faust/

         : Albert Graef
         http://q-lang.sourceforge.net/examples.html#Faust

         : Yann Orlary
         http://faust.grame.fr/

For faust users :

All used Faust dsp files are included in /guitarix/src/faust,
the resulting cc files are in /guitarix/src/faust-cc
The tools we use to convert (post-processing and plot)
the resulting faust cpp files to the needed include format,
stay in the /guitarix/tools directory.