Re: [LAU] Fedora 12 & CCRMA

From: Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 15 2010 - 05:53:17 EEST

On Fri, 2010-05-14 at 22:48 -0400, Rick Green wrote:
<snip>
> I'm following the 'distribution usage' thread, looking for the current
> 'best option', as I have a recording gig scheduled for next Thursday, and
> I'd like to be able to validate a new install on my test machine, then
> perform another install on the studio laptop before then. There aren't
> enough hours in the day...
<snip>

Not wanting to pour cold water on anything, but if you've got a gig on
Thursday I wouldn't touch anything on your production rig even if the
test machine works fine.

On the rest, I'm not using any rpm/deb based distros anymore, so can't
really help you. Fedora has a good rep (as you can see from the other
thread) so I'd recommend fixing the errors you're getting.