[LAU] Someone suggested trying KX Studio distro

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 16 2010 - 09:12:28 EEST

Just tried it on my little synthesizer effects laptop (758MB, 2.8GHz
Celeron, Intel video hardware), where the installed ArtistX .6 (based on
Ubuntu Studio 8.04), and both Puredyne and newer versions of ArtistX
work fine from live CD/DVD.

I just downloaded and burned a KXStudio DVD. It tests out fine when I
boot from it and use the test media option, but it hangs with a black
blank screen when I try to run it from DVD without installing.

I burned another copy, it also verifies fine, and also hangs when trying
to run from DVD.

Guess it isn't quite ready yet. No way to report bugs at the
kxstudio.sourceforge.net site, either, so will let author know along
with this email.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden