Re: [LAU] Windows VST appears in Jack but not in MusE?

From: Pieter Barendrecht <pieter@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 17 2010 - 17:11:41 EEST

Thanks guys,for your ideas and further help. Robert, sounds interesting.

When I select "seq" as MIDI Device in QJackCtl, I can control the VST
with my keyboard (starting it with FST), however I still cannot record
it in MusE.

Robert provided an alternative option to run windows VSTs, namely
dssi-vst.
I just installed the newest version from source, there is one thing left
to solve. When I type this in my terminal:

pieter@email-addr-hidden:~$ export DSSI_PATH=/usr/local/lib/dssi
pieter@email-addr-hidden:~$ export
VST_PATH=/home/pieter/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Programme/Steinberg/Vstplugins/Soundbytes
pieter@email-addr-hidden:~$ jack-dssi-host dssi-vst.so:HurdyGurdyLE.dll

This message is printed:

jack-dssi-host: Error: Plugin label "HurdyGurdyLE.dll" not found in
library "dssi-vst.so"

Even though the dll is present in the directory specified as VST_PATH! I
assume this is due to the presence of a colon-character in the VST_PATH?

When I move the dll to /home/pieter/vst (default VST_PATH, after I
cleared the VST_PATH variable), it is found but it complains it isn't
installed yet (because I installed the VST with Wine in some wine
directory).
I doubt it whether it is a good idea to install the VST in
the /home/pieter/vst directory...?

Should I configure dssi-vst in some way, such that it actually uses the
path in the VST_PATH?

Best regards,
Pieter