Re: [LAU] stuttering sound using vmware in ubuntu karmic

From: Fritz Meissner <meissner.fritz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 19 2010 - 21:34:13 EEST

On 19 May 2010 16:52, Bob Andres <bob@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Have you tried running finale under Wine?
>
> A quick Google search shows it should run fine, and would probably
> have less processor overhead than trying to run a VM.
>
> -Bob

To the best of my knowledge, various people have tried running Finale
under Wine and have found that older versions only sort-of ran. Most
report problems with sound and/or midi in-out. Since both of these are
essential for productive use of Finale, the short answer is that
Finale does not run under Wine in a way that will let a professional
work productively with it. More recent versions of Finale appear to be
less likely to work; the activation process also appears to be a
problem.

Fritz