Re: [LAU] CLI audioplayer that'll fadeout on request

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Sat May 22 2010 - 18:56:04 EEST

Hello Atte!
   If you can redirect I/O from the player STDIN/STDOUT you can use mplayer. In
its standard config 9/0 are decrease/incrase volume. Of course they have to
pbe pressed several times. But the steps are either preconfigured or
user-customiseable, so youwill know how many times they need to be pressed to
lower volume to 0. then of course you can send mplayer q to quit.
   Another alternative might be ecasound. Ecasound has several controllers. You
can use a MIDI-controller, so you could use 1. a realtime MIDI controller, or
possible something python specific. You can configure Ecasound's
midi-inputdevice via the commandline. Ecasound also has the ECI (Ecasound
Control Interface), which can be used to send commands in realtime. Nama uses
it, as well as some other tools. then there's the netECI, allowing you to
control Ecasound via a simple UDP port. So anything telnet compatible can
control it.
   Then of course there's csound, whic is a little less cooked, but it has
direct pythong support and I'm sure you can write an instrument (orchestra
file0, that does exactly what youneed, usig realtime input. I'm not sure
whether csound can be controlled by the computer keyboard, but it also has MID
support and OSC. Perhaps you can include some python code to read the computer
keyboard.
   I hope some of this may be of help to you.
   Kindly yours
           Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net