Re: [LAU] app for simple editing and recording?

From: Björn Lindig <bjoern.lindig@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 24 2010 - 20:54:46 EEST

Am Sonntag 16 Mai 2010, 22:20:56 schrieb Lorenzo:
> Renato wrote:
> > hello list,
> >
> > I'd need to:
> > 1) - open mp3/wav files, do some trimming and fade ins/outs and save to
> > mp3/wav
> > 2) - do some recordings of JACK-apps
>
> May I mention mhWaveEdit: https://gna.org/projects/mhwaveedit
> It's a very straightforward (thus really easy to use) single-file editor
> with jack support. It loads and saves mp3s.
> I use it all the time to cut/trim/normalise fade single files when I
> don't need to do multi-track end funky stuff (with ardour) and I like to
> mentionet every now and then on the list as I think it deserves a little
> more visibility.

This is very right. I spent some time recently searching the right sound-
editor. I was very impressed by the opportunitys with snd and I still use it
sometimes (especially when I need a beautyfull fft-analysis ;) But mhwaveedit
is small, simple and intuitive in use. It's handy, I think that's the right
word.

Best,

Bjoern