Re: [LAU] linuxsampler > 0.5.1 vs. pitch bend

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 25 2010 - 22:58:49 EEST

On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 19:52 +0200, Dominic Sacré wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 May 2010 15:10:59 Andrew C wrote:
> > I agree with Julien on this one. But I don't think it's been
> > implemented into the gigedit editor yet. Or at least I can't find
> > any option that seems related to Pitch Bend.
>
> It's implemented in gigedit, but it's a bit hidden. Switch to the
> "Instruments" tab, then right-click on the instrument and choose
> "Properties". This will open a dialog where you can set the pitch bend
> range in semitones, along with some other global properties of the
> instrument.

Thanks a lot for the tip!! I can bend my pianos again! (I use that in a
piece :-)

Let me see if I understand. The pitch bend range is in the gigasample
file and it is set to "0" by default (of course pianos should not be
bendable! :-). Linuxsampler 0.5.1 was probably ignoring it but now 1.0.0
honors the setting so I'm left with no bend by default.

-- Fernando