Re: [LAU] like "qjackctl", but trimmed of all fat

From: Aaron Krister Johnson <aaron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 26 2010 - 18:22:05 EEST

Hi Philipp,

Yes, it seems that the '--profile' compilation options may be the culprit.

Not a pressing issue, but one that I can eventually investigate and debug,
for that rare instance where someone has 'rolled their own' profiled
version.

AKJ

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Philipp Überbacher
<hollunder@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> Excerpts from Aaron Krister Johnson's message of 2010-05-26 16:50:22 +0200:
> > Hi Philipp,
> >
> > What version of jack and jack_lsp are you using? I see that you are
> getting
> > what look like verbose messages, which is not how my version behaves. Did
> > you enable them by default in some kind of config file? I don't
> understand
> > why that's happening except that some newer or older version than what I
> > have is enabling verbose behavior by default.
> >
> > My script depends on a clean output to predictably be summoned by a
> simple
> > call to 'jack_lsp -c'....what is the output of this command on your
> system?
> > On mine, I just get a list of ports and any connections, no extra
> messages.
> > I'm using jack 0.118.0. What's your version.
> >
> > I *can* make a robust way of mining this output, but I would need to know
> > what different jack_lsp versions do!!! ARGH!
> >
> > AKJ
>
> This was jack2 1.9.5, compiled with --profile.
>
> Now I'm using 0.118.0 and get this:
> $ ./jackctl20100526.py
>
> Welcome to jackctl.py! Enter the two numbers you want to connect,
> separated by a space, then hit return. To see the list again, type 'l'.
> To disconnect clients type 'd' and then the two clients separated by a
> space
> Control-D will end the program
>
> here's what's connected to jack so far:
> 0) system:capture_1
> 1) system:capture_2
> 2) system:playback_1
> 3) system:playback_2
> jackctl-->
>
> Seems to work so far, so it might be due to jack 1.9.5
> --
>
> Regards,
> Philipp
>
> -----
> "Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle
> Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan

Aaron Krister Johnson
http://www.akjmusic.com
http://www.untwelve.org