Re: [LAU] Is ALSA using hrtimer?

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 28 2010 - 17:07:19 EEST

On Thursday, May 27, 2010, Grant wrote:
> I have hrtimer support compiled into my kernel, but when I watch 'top'
> while music is playing I can see that 'timer' uses CPU cycles but
> 'hrtimer' never does. How can I find out if ALSA is using hrtimer?
>
> - Grant

In addition to Clemens' message, ALSA MIDI sequencer can use several timer
sources. To see which ALSA timers are available, use a command like this:

$ cat /proc/asound/timers

When a program is using the ALSA MIDI sequencer, you can query the timers
assigned to each queue using another command:

$ cat /proc/asound/seq/timer

Alternatively, the utility "drumstick-sysinfo" [1] shows this information
using a friendly format.

Regards,
Pedro

[1] http://sf.net/projects/drumstick