Re: [LAU] like "qjackctl", but trimmed of all fat

From: Aaron Krister Johnson <aaron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 28 2010 - 19:16:16 EEST

Hi all,

Thanks for your many comments on my 'jackctl' python script of a couple of
days ago. I have a new version:

http://www.akjmusic.com/software/jackctl20100528.py

New features include:

* paging the reported connections list when lines go beyond 22
* a 'MIDI' mode (hit 'm') to get you to access alsa-MIDI connections via
'aconnect'
* a help menu to show the few simple commands

I have not figured out how jack MIDI works---and I never use it (I don't
really see the point when there's ALSA MIDI, frankly, but maybe someone
knows better). I'm willing to add Jack-MIDI access as a feature, but someone
has to tell me how I can connect it and test it from the command line using
jackd (right now, 'jackd .... -X alsa' didn't work for me)

There are bound to be additional bugs that I cannot forsee due to differing
setups--I appreciate your testing and comments, and I hope you find this new
tool a viable, if minimal, alternative to QJackctl...

I recommend you use jack compiled without any additional verbosity. I
haven't yet put in an architecture that will handle spurious messages from
the various CL tools in the jack package.

AKJ

--
Aaron Krister Johnson
http://www.akjmusic.com