[LAU] Q: HOWTO: extract the beat times from an audio track

From: Jeremy Henty <onepoint@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 30 2010 - 01:39:25 EEST

I want to create an animation for a track my band recorded and I'm
wondering how to get it in sync. It's a straight 4/4 piece but we
weren't playing to a click track so the tempo varies slightly. Most
of the advice I get is "Open it in Audacity (or similar) and eyeball
the beats from the waveform" but it would be very cool if there was an
app that could read the audio and spit out the beat times. Is there?

Regards,

Jeremy Henty

--
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.