Re: [LAU] How to remove buffering silence from wav files

From: David Adler <david.jo.adler@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 30 2010 - 22:39:01 EEST

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 9:19 PM, Nigel Henry wrote:
> For future recordings "silence free" I found Doh!, a button in Kaffeine to
> save stream. It means I have to initially play the program through to the
> end, but can always do something else with the sound turned down, and play
> the saved stream later.

probably the same result as the 'save stream'
button in kaffeine, it's just another option using
the command line and mplayer:

$ mplayer -noframedrop -dumpfile <filename> -dumpstream <url>

this did it for me in cases where gap free realtime
streaming was impossible, I never tried it on dialup
though.

best,