Re: [LAU] Need help salvaging a recording

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 31 2010 - 15:55:11 EEST

Excerpts from Erik de Castro Lopo's message of 2010-04-20 13:10:54 +0200:
> Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
>
> > As for salvaging this file, give me a day or two and I'll write a
> > utility to drag your data out of the file.
>
> New program called sndfile-salvage here:
>
> http://www.mega-nerd.com/tmp/sndfile-salvage.c
>
> which can be compiled using:
>
> gcc -Wall `pkg-config --cflags --libs sndfile` sndfile-salvage.c -o sndfile-salvage
>
> If you're on 32 a 32 bit system you should add:
>
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE=1
>
> just after gcc in the command line above.
>
> The program is run as:
>
> sndfile-salvage very-large.wav very-large.w64
>
> and very-large.wav will remain untouched.
>
> This program hasn't had a lot of testing but should work for your
> case. Let me know how it goes.
>
> Cheers,
> Erik

Hi Erik.
I just want to let you know that sndfile-salvage was very useful to me.
I had a recording running all night and forgot about the 4GB limit, so I
ended up with a 4.4GB wav file showing 40 minutes length...
sndfile-salvage seems to have solved the problem for me.
Thanks a lot!

--
Regards,
Philipp